Does your business already have a gas meter?
If your business already has a Columbia Gas meter installed, it's easy to start, stop or move natural gas service with us. Follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Prepare your information. Provide your social security or tax identification number, current and new address, and contact information.
- Give us a call at 1-888-460-4332. We're available to help you Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Wait for your appointment. In most cases, our service technician will turn your service on or off on your scheduled date.
Are you renovating your business?
Whether you're converting to natural gas, adding a new appliance, removing an appliance or need to remove your gas lines, we can help.
Add New Gas Line
Want to convert or add natural gas to your existing business property? You can add gas service to your current business to get the savings and efficiency of natural gas for years to come. In general, if the businesses around you use natural gas, our service is likely available in your area. Call us at 1-800-440-6111 to start the process.
Add New Appliance
If you want to add new gas equipment or appliances to your business that already has our gas service, we can make sure you have enough gas pressure to support your improvements. Get started with a quick phone call to us at 1-800-440-6111. Be prepared to discuss your current equipment, as well as the new appliances that you'd like to add to your business.
Move Gas Line
There are a variety of reasons you could need to move a gas line, including adding on to your business or adding an additional building that would be over the line. If you need to relocate a gas line for any reason, please call us at 1-888-460-4332 to begin the process.
Remove Gas Line
It's not safe to demolish a building until you're sure the gas service is completely disconnected. If you don't, you could be liable for damages. If you're not sure if the gas service has been disconnected, it's always best to call us and we can check for you. Here's how to ensure we're out of your way for your demolition:
- Call us at 1-888-460-4332 at least 30 days in advance to make an abandonment request.
- Also, be sure to call 811 to have all underground utilities located before demolition or any excavation.
Are you planning a new building for your business?
Ensure natural gas is available for your business and experience the savings for years to come. Let us know as soon as possible that you're constructing a new building and we'll talk you through the process. Start the process by calling us at 1-800-440-6111.
Our economic development resources
We’re here to help you grow your business. We’ll provide you with a large network of resources, including community partners and government agencies, to support your company’s next project. We’re invested in your project because we’re invested in the communities we serve.